ALL ABILITIES & ALL AGES UP TO 18!
CREATE NATURE ART & SEND US A PHOTO OF IT- EASY!
Grammy Nominated and MBE Awarded Sisters Grimm Presents
AUSTRALIA ART IN NATURE
Free to enter 1 – 28 Feb 2022 – Open to ALL under 18’s in Australia
A new Music Video and online gallery
featuring the art of thousands of Australian children and young people
on 22nd March 2022 for World Water Day
Commissioned by Science & Technology Facilities Council (STFC) & RAL Space UK/Australia AgroClimate Space Programme:
Using Earth Observation Data & Technology for Agriculture and the Climate
Produced by Sisters Grimm
Song Composed by Australian Singer & Songwriter Corinne Gibbons and Ella Spira MBE featuring Aboriginal Elder and activist Oswald Cruse MBE AM ‘Uncle Ossie’
‘ART IN NATURE GLOBAL’ – TACKLING CLIMATE CHANGE
Co-founders of Sisters Grimm, Grammy nominated composer and painter Ella Spira MBE and former Royal Ballet ballerina Pietra Mello-Pittman MBE, believe environmental awareness begins with learning to appreciate and respect nature, this led to the duo creating the major global movement ‘Art in Nature, tackling Climate Change’
Understanding that Covid has brought new challenges to already busy school operations and home schooling for parents, the “Art in Nature ” initiative is COST FREE FOR ALL UNDER 18’S and devised to be flexible and allow for maximum participation.
This global movement uses mainstream arts to deliver information on the environment and climate action, inspiring new climate solutions from the next generation.
It gives children the opportunity to learn outside their usual environment, supporting mental & physical wellbeing, inclusivity and equality, artistic creative expression and education, quality family connection, raising awareness of environmental issues and climate change.
It has the clear aim of creating a mass participation digital event that will draw art submissions from millions of young people from across all ethnicities and socio-economic groups.
Sisters Grimm previously ran the Art in Nature initiative in the UAE where the ‘UAE Art in Nature’ music video, ‘Windows Of The Mind’ received over 3.5million views and garnered great support from the press, teachers, parents and participants.:
WHAT IS AUSTRALIA ART IN NATURE?
Sisters Grimm is releasing their new music video on 22nd March 2022 for World Water Day. This music video will be made up of artwork submissions from children aged up to 18 years old in Australia and Sisters Grimm are offering your child the chance to be a part of it. See HOW TO ENTER
Sisters Grimm’s scientific partnership with STFC / RAL Space & CSIRO is providing outstanding Earth Observation resources for the website which aims to inspire artistic creation and educate participants on the impacts of climate change and the many positive decisions and choices available that can have a positive impact on the climate.
The ambition is to inspire young people to interact consciously with Earth Observation data, to develop their understanding of what makes up the ecosystem of Agriculture. Achieved through the journey of creating their own artwork for the opportunity to participate in a Sisters Grimm music video and global online galley.
For the winners whose artworks are used in the music video:
- a Zoom call and Q&A with Sisters Grimm founders, Grammy nominated composer and painter Ella Spira MBE and former Royal Ballet Ballerina and creative producer Pietra Mello-Pittman MBE w/c 4th April 2022.
- a Zoom call with Dr Hugh Mortimer RAL Space | UKRI STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory. Dr Hugh is an Earth observation scientist, which includes many different disciplines of science: biology, geology, physics engineering
- 5 x $100 gift cards to Eckersleys/Riot Store/Lincraft for Arts Supplies
- Parks Australia Gift Cards to access their six National Parks, 58 marine parks and the Australian National Botanic Gardens.
- CSIRO Centre for Earth Observation are further supporting Australian Art in Nature with 3 prizes!
- 1 Gift pack to Double Helix. This includes 8 issues over 12 months, plus a gift bundle of 2 recent issues and a sticker pack.
- 1 x 12 month subscription ( 8 issues)
- 1 x 6 month subscription ( 4 issues).
What is Double Helix? Packed with fun, exciting and quality articles, Double Helix magazine from CSIRO promotes critical thinking and strengthens literacy skills while sparking an interest in science, technology, engineering and maths. https://doublehelixshop.csiro.au/
- Online gallery displaying all eligible submissions
- Signed certificate of participation for all eligible submissions
- Music video for a song co-written by Grammy nominated Ella Spira MBE and local talent
- Impact report
- Giving a voice to young people globally
- Creating a new global community that includes the ideas of young people
- Complimenting IPCC reports and contributing to the UN Global goals
- Representing every participating member country on equal terms
BENEFITS TO YOUNG PEOPLE
- Educating on the impacts of climate change and the many choices available to all, that have positive impacts on the planet
- Providing a platform that inspires and nurtures ideation and innovation
- Offering the unique opportunity to engage directly with internationally acclaimed Sisters Grimm
- Enhancing mental and physical wellbeing through nature
- Creating alternative learning environments
BENEFITS TO THE COUNTRY
- Translating the country’s science agency’s work through outreach
- Collation of data from submissions around impact and reach report findings
- Being set alongside major global territories, in continuing to give the next generation a voice in climate change
- Showcasing new global climate change solutions from the nation’s young people
- Solutions from the nation’s young people